Sunday, November 13, 2005

To: Mr. Richards

Mr. Craig Richards,

While I deeply admire the extraordinary work you have been doing as the programmer of one of the best clubs in the world - Fabric -, supporting everyone, from the most underground acts in the hip-hop scene like Madlib and Co. or the best of the dutch electronic disco scene like the Clone crew, to the en-vogue techno producers-du-jour like Villalobos, Richie, Mayer et all, or the god-likes of Juan Atkins, Carl Craig or Rolando, I must say that I was expecting a lot more from your set last friday, in Lisbon's-let's-make-a-MTV-party-and-bring-the-2-Many-DJs-once-again Lux. Someone who has the musical knowledge to invite such diverse acts to play at the club he programmes, should translate that knowledge in the form of a 3-hour fantastic trip through the realms of electronic dance music. Therefore, I was expecting more than the latest minimal-ubercoolisch tunes mixed with a bunch of boring remixes by Ivan Smagghe and two or three obligatory classics. Still, I must admit that your set must have been a kick in the arse for some "P"eople, showing how you guys do it nowadays, London-style. I hope you consider my words, and when you come back, you'll do it again, but just in better fashion.

Thank you for reading,

Dalila
http://fratricida.blogspot.com